Demo model arriving in late January 2024. Please contact us to be notified when it arrives.
The Tern HSD Gen 2 is the perfect cargo e-bike model for carrying 1 child on the school run, a pet or a huge load of groceries. This bike features a nice comfortable upright riding position and adjustable stem so this bike can be shared with others easily.
- New frame: The all-new HSD frame is much stronger, much stiffer, and handles more weight.
- Higher max gross vehicle weight: the MGVW of the new HSD frame has increased to 180kg from 170kg
- Higher rear rack capacity: The HSD rear rack load weight has increased from 60kg to 80kg
- Smart system! Hell yeah.
- Convenient charging: The charge port is located on the op tube allowing for easier charging.
- Full chainguard: A custom Tern chaincover for improved rider protection in wet weather.
- Service improvements: Plug+play wire harnesses, service scheduling via Diagnostics and the app, rotor mount speed sensors, sale upgrades (monitors + batteries).
How is it Smart?
- Upgrade Performance motor: The new BES3 Performance motor comes with a higher torque of 75NM, is more efficient, quieter, and has a longer range.
- eBike Flow App: riders can use the eBike Flow App to customise riding modes, view bike information, connect to the dealer, and more.
- eBike Lock: Through the eBike Flow app, riders can lock their bike by turning off the motor support.
- eBike Alarm and Tracking: Option to Upgrade with the Bosch Connect Module to provide security alarm and tracking functionality.
- Over-the-air updates: Riders can regularly update their system with additional features with the over-the air updates.
- Larger battery capacity: Bikes will come specced with the 545wh battery, which can also be upgraded to the 725wh battery.
- Better ergonomics: Command buttons now on an LED remote easily operated by Thumb, so that both hands remain on the handlebar.
- Easy-to-read Displays: Easily monitor speed, assistance level, ride duration, range, and even receive guidance on when to shift gears.
- Safer walk assist: Walk assistance can now be managed using only a single button and is now much safer when pushing the HSD up a steep incline.