Tony was after a road-plus bike with a 1x setup that didn't compromise gear range, and brakes that would stop on the steep Tasmanian hills.
We specced up this bike with the RatioTech 12-speed kit to enable the use of the wide-range MTB cassette with drop-bar shifters, and Yokozuna Motoko semi-hydraulic brakes with compressionless housing for superior stopping power.
- Surly Midnight Special frameset
- SRAM Rival shift/brake levers
- RatioTech 12-speed upgrade kit
- Yokozuna Motoko semi-hydraulic disc brakes
- DT Swiss G1800 wheelset
- Panaracer GravelKing SK tyres
- Praxis Zayante crankset
- Thomson stem/seatpost
- Salsa Cowbell handlebar