One of the best parts of our job is helping someone to build their dream bike. What's even better is if that build involves some bold and beautiful componentry. When Mel shared her vision of building up a single-speed commuter/gravel bike with a fuschia pink Industry 9 hubs, we knew it was going to be something special.
A versatile frame that can accommodate a variety of riding configurations, the Straggler is a fantastic base for a custom build. For Mel's bike, we used durable DT Swiss G540 rims and Schwalbe G-One Allround tyres for on-road/off-road versatility and low rolling resistance. Shimano hydraulic disc brakes lend the bike excellent stopping power. For aesthetic cohesion, and general awesomeness, we paired the pink hubs with matching Peatys Chris King pink vales, a White Industries bottom bracket with pink highlights, a White Industries EC34 pink headset, and a White Industries G30 Black Crankset with pink extractor caps. It's an absolute show-stopper.
- Industry Nine Hydra Hub SS 32h 135mm QR Pink
- Industry Nine Hydra MTN Front 32h ISO 6Bolt QR Pink
- White Industries EC34 Headset Pink
- White Industries G30 Crankset Black 170 with Pink Extractor Caps
- White Industries Bottom Bracket External 30mm for BSA External Pink
- White Industries MR30 TSR Chainring 44T Standard (3mm offset) Black
- Thomson Elite X4 Stem
- Peatys Chris King Tubeless Valves 42mm MK2 Pink (Matte Punch)
- Thomson Elite Seat Post Black 27.2 x 330mm
- Shimano RT76 Disc Brake Rotor Deore XT 6 Bolt 160mm
- Schwalbe G-One AllRound 700x45C 28x1.7 (45-622)
- DT Swiss G540 Rim 700C 32H