The Surly Preamble is the newest bike in the line up, flat bar with disc brakes its an affordable offering that can be ridden hard or tweaked and modified into your dream bike.
The complete bike retails for similar money to some of the more expensive Surly bare frame offerings !
If you want to mod it let us know,
Think of Preamble as an introduction to Surly’s pavement line. Similar to Cross-Check, or a distilled Straggler if you will, it’s a tough but practical steel utility bike designed with everything riders need
— and nothing they don’t. Disc-brake specific and ready to run racks and fenders with mounts for two
bottle cages .
With five frame size offerings ranging from XS to XL, it’s optimized for comfort
and fit. For commuters and riders looking to keep things simple with a serious steel bike, Preamble paves the way.
Built from our proprietary ‘Natch tubesets to be durable and soak up bumps on the road, Preamble offers pavement riders a comfortable and accessible portal for exploring life by bike. Truly an exercise in restraint, Preamble proves not every bike needs to do everything. It just needs to ride like a Surly.
• 100% Surly Chromoly steel frame and fork; 1-1/8" steerer tube; 34mm headtube
• Custom-cast single-position vertical dropout, as seen on Bridge Club
• Frame geometry designed to play well with both flat or drop bars
• Fender and rack compatibility with mounts for two bottle cages on all frame sizes (located on seat tube and down tube)
• Tried-and-true QR axles front and rear for fast, tool-free wheel removal
• Compatible with 1x and 2x drivetrains
• Five easy-to-understand frame sizes to fit nearly every size of rider: XS, Small, Medium, Large, and XL
• Slightly sloped top tube on XS and Small frames for improved standover and comfort
• Clearance for 650b x 41mm tires on XS/S frame sizes (with or without fenders)
• Clearance for 700c x 41mm tires on M–XL frame sizes (with or without fenders)