As year round 'Rain, Hail or Shine' Cyclists the whole team at Omafiets are big believers in rain capes or ponchos. They allow you to ride in regular clothes and stay protected from the elements.
They work particularly well in Sydney where the rain comes down torrentially at many points in the year and it's often way too hot or humid to wear rain pants or other more fully enclosed rain wear. We also love them for cycle touring where you often find yourself hanging arround in the rain for long periods and the full coverage of a cape is a blessing !
Gore-tex jackets or other more restrictive rain wear tends to leave your legs to get soaked or results in you getting wet from the inside out due to perspiration !
The Rover rain cape is a stylish, waterproof rain-cape specifically designed for bike commuters and travellers.
Looking for an effective poncho for the kids? Check out the Cleverkid Rain Cape!
If you are after another Cleverhood colour or a different product, feel free to email us and we can add it to our next order.
- Helmets go OVER the hood for best coverage and optimized peripheral vision. You can give the back of the hood a tug or fold them brim back if it interferes with the helmet.
- Thumb loops go on thumbs, never attached to the bike. Easy to slip in and out for signaling. The elastic knot can be adjusted if needed
- Belt loop in the back, for our belts or any belt a customer already has. Useful on those blustery days to keep your backpack and bum dry! Can also sit on the cape.
- At 220grams, the Rover is easy to pack and lightweight.
- Care - put off washing as long as possible, spot clean when needed. Do not apply any additional waterproofing agents to the garments, it'll deteriorate the DWR (durable water repellent).
Available in three sizes, Short, Regular and Large
- Short: <165cm
- Regular: 165 - 188cm
- Tall: 188cm+
Carefully made, it’s available in 3 sizes and 6 fresh colors.
- Waterproof (15K/15K WPB) with sealed seams.
- Fabric and garment production is BLUESIGN approved
- 80/20 PFC-free DWR (durable water repellent)
- Helmets go OVER the hood for best coverage and optimized peripheral vision
- Elastic thumb loops for bike riding
- Belt loop (see Bluster Belt, sold separately)
- Sturdy YKK waterproof zipper
- Lightweight (220 grams) and easy to pack
Cleverhood Rover Rain Cape Feature Overview from Cleverhood on Vimeo.